Sign in to follow this  
noriise

Pagelines conflict with Marketpress

noriise

Hi I posted this on the WPMU Dev forums - Would it be possible for anyone to suggest a fix, bearing in mind the response I received from WPMU Dev support? Thanks Installed Marketpress to use on some of my Pagelines Platform Pro Templates and there is no styling at all on the checkout page! Take a look here: http://eddmittondance.co.uk/store/products/ It just goes plain text. Any ideas - is this a template conflict? Thanks This is the response I got: Hiya noriise, Well, this certainly is an odd one. It does appear that there's some sort of ajax conflict. The page actually does load when you just go to the shopping cart page by any other means. Clicking 'add to cart' is meant to update the shopping cart area on that particular page (such as a widget) to reflect the item now in their cart. Instead, the site is loading just the ajax information in a new browser page. It's definitely a conflict with the theme (if you try the twentyeleven default theme, for example, this shouldn't happen). I don't have a copy of the pagelines theme so I'm not sure what to look for next. I'll ask a couple other folks if they have some ideas. Thanks!

Rob
Step 1. Let's go through a few tests. First, let's rule out the question of theme versus plugin conflict. To do this, just go to Dashboard > Appearances > Themes and make TwentyEleven your Activated theme. Open a different browser or do a hard refresh on your current one to view the site. See if it does the same thing. If it does, we go to Step 2. Reactivate PlatformBase. Deactivate each plugin - one at a time. Once a plugin is deactivated, return to your site, do another hard refresh and see if it works. One by one, we should narrow this down. If nothing works, let's go to Step 3. This one's easy. You let me know it didn't work and I escalate this to the developers. Keep me posted.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

noriise
Hi Rangelone, Ok, have removed all plugins. It was the last one I removed which fixed the problem.... Buddypress. (!!) Unfortunatly I can't live without this plugin. But it might only occur on child wordpress installations with wordpress multi-site with buddypress installed. I think this because I installed Marketpress and Buddypress on a WPMU installation with Pagelines Pro. I then tried the store page on the main domain (main wpmu installation) and there was no problem. (http://conectar.co.uk/store/products/) However there is a problem with: http://eddmittondance.co.uk/store/products/ - So perhaps this is because it is a child site? Hope I haven't confused matters. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the help. Elliot

Rob
Elliot, Trust me, Buddypress has more issues than Hurricane Irene had raindrops. I've had enough personal issues with it to choke a horse. Worse, the problems occur no matter what platform or theme you use. Google Buddypress problems and you'll find tons. Probably best to approach Marketplace and get their feedback on integration with Buddypress. I know we're ready for it, but it still takes considerable tweaking. At least we know what it is. That has to be a positive step.

noriise
Thanks for this - I'm asking here on WPMU and will see what they can do. http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-shopping-cart-completely-unstyled Elliot

Rob
Elliot, I see that. Let me know when you'd like me to escalate this issue on our end. Since the problem also happens on TwentyEleven and resolves with the deactivation of Buddypress, one option might be to replace buddypress with another, similar forum/groups system. Penny for your thoughts?

noriise
Hi rangelone - need to stick with buddypress, but will let you know how this resolves. Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.