Sign in to follow this  
cml

iBlogPro3

cml

Hello, I have installed my website on a subdirectory and I want to move it to the root directory. Will this affect the template/website? Also, how do you move it to the root directory? Thanks, Wilbert

cml

Hello, I have followed all of the steps up to step 10. I do not understand how to complete step 11 after reviewing the link provided? Any suggestions? Thanks, Wilbert

Andrew

I've never done this myself (comprehensively) Do you have a lot of images in your site? you could always change the urls manually.

cml

Hello Andrew, I have a lot of images but I feel a lot more comfortable changing them manually, than following step 11. How do I change the urls manually? Thanks, Wilbert

cml

Hello, I forgot to add that my site is down, I really need to get this resolved today to get it up again. Where do I have to manually change the links for the pictures? Is it in the database? If not where? Help!!!!!!!!!!!! I need an answer today. Thanks!

cml

Hello Bryan, Yes, I looked at it. However, I did not quite understand how to do it. Andrew was telling me I could change it manually, however I do not know how to do that? Where would I do that? Thanks, Wilbert

Andrew

Hey Wilbert, Well how are you linking to your images now? What are the urls and where are they placed? Also, if you need help getting your site back up; the more information you give us the easier it is to help :)

cml

Thanks Andrew! However, I figured it out! I skipped and step 11 and thought about what you were saying about changing the links manually. I completed steps 1-10 and then logged into the admin area. Once I logged in, I went to the Settings tab, Miscellaneous tab, then changed the media library upload path. Then I went and changed the all my images' path in the feature section and table section. Thanks for the for the help Andrew and Bryan!! One more question though. Since I have moved it to the root, is it ok to click the backup button for the feature items? Thanks, Wilbert

cmunns

If it's all working properly now and everything links correctly you'll want to go ahead and backup your setup