Sign in to follow this  
dvanton

Posting Blog into the Home Page as well...

dvanton

So I am using the latest PPro theme on the latest WP version, and love the flexibility of this theme. I am wondering though, how do I keep the home page with the Feature and Boxes, but put the BLOG to show up on the home page as well? At this time, I can set the static pages to Home and Blog, but I can't seem to figure out how to keep the home page and have the Blog articles appear there as well. Is there a plugin I need for that? Or is there a setting I am missing? Thanks again. Dave.

Jenny
Under Wordpress -> Reading Settings, you should have "Front Page Displays" set to "Your Latest Posts". Also check that PlatformPro -> Template Setup, both "Default Page" and "Posts Page" has the "Content Area" section added.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dvanton
Thanks Jenny, I made those changes, as you recommeded, but I lose the sliding Feature and Box features. How do I display the sliding features and the box features on the front page, as well as the latest posts?

kastelic
Enable the Slider and Box features in the "posts pages" template. If you want to hide it on archive pages, use CSS, like: [code] .archive #feature{display:none} [/code]

dvanton
Kastelic - that is what I am trying to do, but I think I am missing something very simple here. How do I do that? Thanks again...:)

kastelic
Template Setup -> Posts Pages Drag the Pagelines Features section into the template. Custom CSS goes into Custom Code -> Custom CSS

Jenny
Did you get everything setup correctly or do you still need assistance?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

dvanton
Yes, everything is set up properly now - thank you!