Sign in to follow this  
ericapalm

What can I do with PlatformPro besides a blog?

ericapalm

I got Platform Pro as I understand I can have a full website with it. So far, I can only find documentation and options in wp for tools for making a blog. I am hoping I can do things like creating a forum, guestbook, allow people to register/create account, send email and shop. Can I do this? If so, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you, Erica

Rob
Erica, I've used it for a glossary with 19,540+ posts; a recipe site; a guide to cooking and food; a beverage recipe site; a magazine; a blog; and I'm working on the forums. Note: Be sure to read the Pagelines documentation on forums before you even think about this. I made the mistake of not doing that. There are a wide variety of plugins that will help you achieve your goals. Go to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins to find the types you would like. If I may suggest, guestbooks are sorta 1995 and are best replaced by a good commenting system like Disqus. There are shopping carts, Amazon plugins and their aStores work well within Platform. Having them send email... well, you open yourself to hackers who will use your mail gateway improperly. Chat's not a good idea either as it too opens your site to security issues. But, if you look at that link, you'll be shocked to find thousands of options from agendas to time and billing systems. Your options are pretty open to be creative.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bama
Hey, I recommend the cart66 (phpurchases) plugin to integrate a good solid shoppigcart system, their support is fantastic and also take a look at the wishlistmember plugin to create a memberarea. both are not free but you'll get alot features with them.