Sign in to follow this  
Rob

How I made a BuddyPress Mess!

Rob

My first dumb mistake was forgetting to check the updated documents on bbPress and BuddyPress at http://www.pagelines.com/docs. I'm taking my punishment in the form of one messed up section of my site. Let's talk about mistakes: 1. I did not place the bbPress and BuddyPress where they should have been. 2. I added plugins for them BEFORE I had them setup and working. 3. I structured the login and registration without knowing a blooming thing about how to do it correctly because I was too impatient and failed to read. 4. I added S2Member to try and resolve things, with little or no change. The results: 1. My visitors cannot register properly. The registration link found at mysite.com/discussion/membership-signup (the S2Member default) to mysite.com/discussion/wp-login.php?action=register seems to route back to mysite.com/discussion/register/ (a bbPress or BuddyPress form that I cannot get rid of for anything. It was doing the exact same thing even before I added S2Member. NOTE: Even if I paste discussion/wp-login.php?action=register to the end of my URL, it redirects to the bbPress registration form - and I've deleted that page. Attempts to register fail because they redirect back to mysite.com/discussion/. 2. I cannot for the life of me, figure out just how to make the forums or the groups into a static page so that one of them could serve as a default index page for the section. Everything I know from years of using WordPress seem to make no sense. While none of this appears to be PlatformPro related, I hoped someone could help me figure it out. 3. Where can I customize the login form to include custom fields? If you want to see any of this in action, replace "mysite" with "epicurus" without the quotes . S2Member has worked in several other sections with little or no problem for some time now. It's supposed to integrate with BuddyPress, but it appears to be having some issues too. In a word... HELP!!!!!!!!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Absolutely - just didn't remove BuddyPress because I had already set up the groups and forums. Even deleted the bbPress tables from the database once. Disabled the plugins and did all the usual processes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur