Sign in to follow this  
shrub

Create more than one size feature box

shrub

Hello! I need to have two feature sliders on my site, one with a height of 650 px, the other with a height of 300 px. How do I create the second size without deleting the first? Please note: I have very little experience with this : )

Rob
If you go to Dashboard > Features > Feature Sets. There, you can create a new Feature Set and set your graphics (as backgrounds) or videos. Just make the name you want and save it, then for that particular set you may add your features as you wish, but make sure on the right side you check the box for the appropriate Feature Set. You will need a hook to make the additional feature set apply to your particular posts. Please familiarize yourself with this component by reading and watching the video at http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. Let's take this in steps. So once you've completed creating your Feature Sets and have reviewed the Hooks information, come back and we'll help you with each further step.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

shrub
Thanks for your help. I have done all of my homework above and am ready for the next step!

poseyg
Just in case you ever want an easier method to achieve what you want, try this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/meteor-slides/ it works great with PageLines.

kastelic
You will need CSS to customize the height of only one of the feature sliders. Can you provide a link to the site?

gayatriom
Hey. I also need this. How do we do this.

gayatriom
I tried this: #feature_slider.homepage-2 fix{height:500px;} Does this work?

kastelic
[code] #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 300px; } [/code] This will change it for all pages. To only change on one, find the page id and do this: [code] .page-id-12 #feature-area, .page-id-12 .feature-wrap, .page-id-12 #feature_slider .fmedia, .page-id-12 #feature_slider .fcontent, .page-id-12 #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, .page-id-12 #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, .page-id-12 #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 300px; } [/code]

wedadd
Hi There, Is there a similar way to achieve this but with the width instead of height. I changed the "height: 300px" to "width: 650px" but it does not seem to be working as well as with the height tag? Thanks.

Jenny
What is the height set to in the theme options settings? Maybe try setting it to the higher number and then custom coding the lower number?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.