Sign in to follow this  
cleiren

Random features

cleiren

Hi, I use the feature options to show a big slideshow on top of the page. Is it possible to show features random on each page? Now the same oder appear on each page. Hope you can help. Regards, Patrick

Rob
Patrick, I believe you can create any number of slider sets and place individual sliders on individual pages or posts. If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading http://www.pagelines.com/docs/feature-slider. As for "random" placement, I'm not sure that would work very well. There are random content plugins, but I suspect they might be more work than they're worth. You can get different on each page/post.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

cleiren
Thank you for the answer. But I don's want to show random sets, I only want to show the features in a specific set random. So you get a random image on the page were the feature set is active. Is this possible ?

Jenny
I can't help on this one, sorry! I suspect it will need some custom PHP coding to work.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cleiren
Is there another way to show a random slideshow on the feature section?

catrina
Since the default feature slider has features that transition in a specific order (not random order), you might need to use an alternate feature slider that allows slides to cycle through in random order (using a plugin).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse