Sign in to follow this  
larrystammen

Feature Slider

larrystammen

I watched the Feature Sections and Slides video tutorial, but I'm more confused now than before. The talk of feature "sets and Set 1 and Set 2 lost me, as well as using posts and having half the slider show as a picture and the other half as text. I've already created 14 feature sliders, temporarily available at www.postedknowhunting.com, but I'm not sure how to proceed with putting in the content. There will be a lot of links and pdfs, and I'm really not sure about the pdfs.

catrina
What about the features sets lost you? Was it setting them up or implementing them the way you want them to be implemented? It's important to note that different feature sets can't be used at one time. There can only be one feature used at a time (this is determined by changing the setting in PlatformPro > Feature Settings > Select Feature Set). Also, what are you specifically using the feature sliders for (since you're adding mostly links and PDFs)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

larrystammen
Okay, I created "Set I" in Feature Sets, and it shows up in PlatformPro > Feature Settings > Select Feature Set, but what does that mean? What additional or unique functionality is created by adding feature sets?

catrina
When you create a post or page, you can select which feature set to show on that single post page or regular page. For example, if you create a new post and scroll to the bottom, there is a PageLines Meta Settings section. Click on the "Feature Slider Section" tab and select the feature set you want to show on that page then save.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse