Sign in to follow this  
rwk123

Banner Title

rwk123

I use a .jpg I created as a banner. However, I can not keep the "title" of the banner from showing up. Does anyone know how to keep it off my banner .jpg?

catrina
You'll need to remove the alt tag from the image by editing the code. Do you have the child theme PlatformBase installed and activated? If not, you must activate it so that you can copy the necessary header file into that theme folder so it can be edited (editing parent files is not recommended).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rwk123
No, I don't have it activated, but will try what you suggested and let you know. Thanks.

rwk123
I activated it and it screwed up my navigation. Is there a way for me to create a banner without using the .jpg. I just have a couple of images and some text to display. http://kerrlf.com/sitemap/

catrina
You can add the image using a hook, but if you're going to add multiple images and text, that will also require hook, which means the child theme PlatformBase will need to be activated (hooks are the easiest and least destructive way of editing the files).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rwk123
What's a hook? (yes, I know, I'm an idiot.)

Rob
No, you're not an idiot. Inexperienced, perhaps, but nothing wrong with that. We're all inexperienced at some point in everything we do. Try reading this http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme and you'll at least be more aware of hooks and how to use them. Then, let's talk about how we can help you apply one.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rwk123
I read it. I think it might be a little above my head. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Jenny
Activating and using PlatformBase is very simple. Just visit your PlatformPro admin panel and export your settings (at the bottom). If you have any custom CSS make sure you copy it from the .css file into a text document. Then activate PlatformBase, visit the admin panel, and import your setting (and save). Paste any custom CSS in the .css file if necessary. Then you'll be able to safely do as catrina suggested above.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.