Sign in to follow this  
thibaud

Feature creation

thibaud

Hello, I want to create a "feature" from Pagelines, that I would use for my banner. Before actually creating it (I found it quite complicated after a first look, even after watching the video tutorial...) I just want to make sure that it can actually do what I need : - this feature will appear on top of all my blog pages (=banner) - this feature will make 8 images sliding automatically (a few sec each). I have already uploaded these 8 images on my wordpress library. - whatever the image appearing, a click on this banner will link to my blog home page Can the pageline "feature" do what I need ? Thanks

catrina
Is this something different from what you were trying to achieve here?: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12968/where-to-insert-the-code-for-a-flash-banner-#Item_15

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thibaud
No, basically it would be the same, even if I don't mind if animation is slightly different. The difference would be that it would not be flash, so can be seen on ipad... Can I achieve this with Pagelines "feature" ?

catrina
Do you want this banner to replace the Flash banner you created? Also, I believe the PageLines feature will work on an iPad. I haven't heard of any prior issues regarding the feature slider not working on the iPad.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thibaud
Yes, this banner will replace my existing flash banner. Can I do the 3 points mentioned in my initial post with a pageline "feature" ?

catrina
Yes, it's possible. You'll also need to follow this tutorial to make sure the slides are clickable: http://adammunns.com/create-a-fullwidth-clickable-feature-slider/

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thibaud
Ok thank you catrina. Will have a look in the next few days and revert if needed...