Sign in to follow this  
agbo

Problem with theme js /wp-content/themes/iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js - returning 404 and taking u

agbo

Hi, My server is facing an excessive usage caused by failed attemps to access /wp-content/themes/iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js and wp is returning to this attemps a 404 page. it is taking up all my bandwith (about 23% of the total usage of my server). Coud you please help me let me know what is constantly trying to access these js urls and how can I fix it? thanks

Rob
Likely it stems from either a bad installation or a plugin. Deactivate each of your plugins, one at a time to see if the problem persists.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

agbo
Hi rangelone, note that I just went to wp directory to check if this js file is there and realized that carto.font.js is there but under the following url: /wp-content/themes/iblogpro/js/Carto.font.js that is a little bit different from /wp-content/themes/iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js which is the one my theme installation is trying to access. How can I fix it? Note that I have never touched oit. I just installed the iblog theme once and never touched it.

Jenny
Are you using the latest version of the theme? Looks like the latest is Version 4.2.6 according to the ReadMe file. If not, export your theme settings and then install the latest version of the theme.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

agbo
Hi simple-mama, many, many thanks for your answer.I have a mess here and need please your help: I don??t know why I have 2 iblog theme zip file at my computer: "iblogpro4_dev" (downloaded when I bought the template) and "iblogpro_dev" (more recent). After read your answer I went to my main page at my pagelines menu and downloaded the latest version of iblog, which is a zip file with the following name "iblogpro_dev", which is exactly the one I have installed at my site. As you can see, the latest version has exactly the same name "iblogpro_dev" under where I have the problematic file installed(/iblogpro/js/Carto.font.js), BUT the templates sent its request to /iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js Do you know why there are two theme zip files with different names to install iblog? How can I fix my issue considering that it seems I ahve already the latest version isntalled but the template still send its request to the wrong address? My site url is www.easyjob.net

agbo
Hi, I believe I have solved it. Basically, the problematic url /iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js was defined at iBlog/Theme Options/Cufon replacement font file URL . This field comes already fullfilled when you install the iblog template with the wrong url /iblogpro4_dev/js/Carto.font.js, when it should be /iblogpro/js/Carto.font.js . I have manually modified it and NOW the templates is sending its request to the CORRECT URL address. Many thanks for your help. I do suggest you review it the latest version of iblog template zip file.

Jenny
I'm so glad you got it figured out! And thank you for the information. I will definitely pass this along to the developers so they can correct the problem.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.