Sign in to follow this  
asuydam

Centering images left to right in a div and header navigation not working

asuydam

Hello, On my website http://www.extremefitnessproducts.net/products/p90x/ I'm trying to center two images left to right that are near the bottom of the page that are currently stacked on top of each other. The current code is

P90X ClassicP90X Deluxe
[/code]

Also, my dropdown menu navigation bar seems off because it doesn't show on top of the information below it. I think this started when suddenly my background image was showing up in the footer area instead of the black box but I fixed that with some CSS. Is there any way to put a colored box that appears on top of everything else for the links that show up in the dropdown? Thanks :) Aaron

catrina
Hm, I don't see the stacked images. Can you please specify which group of images you're referring to? Also, when you say the dropdown is hiding, do you mean that it's hiding behind the slider directly below? On my screen in Firefox, the slider is actually far below the navigation, so there is an excess of white space.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

asuydam
Catrina, There should be 2 pictures, one is referring to p90x classic and it shows what you get in yellow letters, and another one that says p90x deluxe and red lettering. Yea I don't like that extra white space either, not sure when that started happening. Could you also help me get rid of that? On my root url the dropdown shows behind the feature slider, and on the p90x page it shows behind the first line of text on my page. Thanks for any help :) Aaron

asuydam
Okay, I got the images to center how I wanted by taking out the "alignnone" in the image class and then surrounded the pics with

. Div may have worked but I used that. The dropdown menu hiding behind other text/images I have no idea on however.

Jenny
I assume it has to do with the z-index of the elements but I can't figure out which element to change. Hopefully you or someone else can figure it out!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

asuydam
Thanks for the reply Jenny. This is far beyond my "expertise". Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Aaron

Jenny
Yeah I wish I could help! I messed with it for about 10 minutes and couldn't find the right element to change. :(

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

asuydam
No worries Jenny and thank you for trying :) Any chance of getting a dev to look at this? Thanks! Aaron

Jenny
I'm hoping someone else can chime in on this because this is an issue with the slider plugin you're using, not the theme. Actually, have you tried searching the slider plugin's homepage? I'm sure someone has ran in to this problem there before. Just a suggestion. :)

asuydam
I figured it out! Problem 1) Extra white space below header caused by secondary navigation enabled in header with no actual secondary navigation. Problem 2) Custom CSS in functions.php placing sitelock image on the right side of the navigation bar was somehow interfering(maybe I entered the CSS wrong, not sure). I was planning on moving it into the "morefoot" area anyway. Uploaded fresh functions.php and all is well again. Aaron

Jenny
That's great news! I saw the extra white space there but assumed it was part of the slider. Glad you got it figured out!