Sign in to follow this  
thibaud

"Read more" alignment + underline

thibaud

Hello, I want to align the "read more" link to the RIGHT of each excerpt (at the moment it's aligned on the left). I aslo want to underline this link in each excerpt. How can I do this ?

Rob
Have you Firebug installed as a plugin for Firefox? Using Firebug, you can click on the element you wish to re-align and copy the code, changing left to right as well as adding the underline - the code would be added to Custom Code Custom CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thibaud
I tried with Firebug, but i'm not able to do what I want... i'm new into CSS. I tried things such as "text-align:right" but it does not seem to work. Can you help me further ? The website is http://thibinspore.com/blog and the text to align on the right + underline are all the "Lire la suite" Thanks in advance

thibaud
If I want to apply these changes (alignment + underline) with CSS, in my css file I need to precisely refer to these "Read More" links, so that it does not affect other areas ?

Kate
Add this to your custom CSS: [code].continue_reading_link{float:right;text-decoration:underline;}[/code]

thibaud
Thanks Kate, it works great !!! However, for a reason that I don't understand, one of the article still has the link on the left... there is probably a problem in my code somewhere, can you have a look ? It's the article 7 (on the home page). If you put the mouse over the link, it seems to show that there is a problem ? http://thibinspore.com/blog

Rob
I apologize, but I'm not seeing anything wrong on your front page or any article number 7. I have moused over the header and 'Lire la suite' links for every article and see nothing wrong. Could you be more specific that I may replicate the error you're seeing.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thibaud
Hi rangelone, I wanted to post a picture attached to this post to explain, but how can I do it ? Nevertheless, it's on the article "Op?©ration Chadar : d?©part demain ! (Inde, Ladakh)". The article is on the main page, it's the 7th article from the top. If you see the link "Lire la suite" (= read more), it is located on the left, it should be on the right, like all the other ones. And if you mouse over it, it says "De retour du [...]

• catrina
    Please post a picture by uploading the image to imgur.com and posting the url between [img] and [/img] tags (or just posting the image url here). That "read more" link you're referring to is formatted incorrectly, which is making the link not register the CSS correctly. How were the "read more" links added?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thibaud
    Thanks Catrina for your answer. Yes, it seems that this link is formatted incorrectly, and it's probably the reason why it is not aligned properly. I have not created these links, in fact I have only changed the wording in PlatformPro settings / Blog & Posts, nothing else. Any idea how I can format this link the correct way ?

thibaud
    It seems that there is a

mistake somewhere around this area... how can i have the visilibity of these tags in wordpress ? When I go to html view in my admin panel i don't see the

tags... (i'm new in wordpress)

catrina
    The links are generated automatically by WordPress, so the code can't be checked in the HTML view in your post editor. You'll need to look into the file library.templates.php to view the code.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thibaud
    Problem solved. I reformated the article, deleted all links and reinserted them afterwards, and now this is fixed. I am surprised that we cant access / modify the full code (formatting) with wordpress. I'm learning...