Sign in to follow this  
snfdesigns

changing width of template

snfdesigns

is this possible as buddypress is not compatible with whitehousepro so it does not fit within the template. I know it is fixed but is their a way to modify this as it is a big problem with my website.

kastelic
There are a few CSS rules that you may need to put in. Can you provide a link to your site?

snfdesigns
Hi KAstelic you need to remove asterix to get full url as i do not want it to show in search engines. www.i**h*ub**busin**ess.co.uk. HOpe this makes sense. WHen you register onto the website and create a blog the page is too big for the whitehousepro template. HAve tried various codes... if their is a way to widen the whitehousepro template maybe that could help!!!

catrina
To make sure new CSS doesn't interfere with custom CSS that may be there already, can you please post the CSS you have now (if any)? Do you want the template to take the full width of the screen?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

snfdesigns
I need the template wider maybe 20-40px to stop the buddypress template spilling over like this link http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/9571/buddypress-alignment-issues#Item_9 this is a really big problem for me; I have put in so many different codes which work but distorts another area; if i can widen the actual whitehousepro template (which i know is meant to be fixed) maybe everything will fit better. The css below is what i have in the custom code #sidesearch{ position:absolute; top:-1000px; right:2px; } ul#blogs-list div.item-list div.action div.meta {display: none;} #register-page div.page {width: 400px; margin-left: 60px; margin-top: 20px;}

Kate
Alternatively you could make the BP pages narrower. Do you have a link to your site please?

snfdesigns
Hi Kate have tried several times to does this and it works on one page but messes up other pages. Can i give you the url in a private email as i don't want the url to go on search engines. I think maybe widening the template would ensure all the pages fit.

Rob
By default Buddypress tries to occupy 100% of the page width. This is a well documented issue that crosses all themes and has been ongoing since at least 2007. Try adding this to Custom Code (and adjusting the 615px and font size as you need): #content .bbp-forum-info { width: 55%; text-align: left;} #content table tbody tr .bbp-forum-description p { margin-bottom: 0; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; text-align: left;} #buddypress-page #content{width:615px; float:left;}

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

snfdesigns
Hi rangelone still not working...maybe if i could extend the template of whitehousepro to maybe 900px or something then at least all the page content would fit.

snfdesigns
Hi Sorry not sure if this post is still open but still having problem

kastelic
HI, if you could email me at k*as*tlic*[email protected] a login and url so that I can see the exact page the problem is on, I will give you CSS code to fix it. (remove the asterisks)

snfdesigns
Thank you soooo much Kastelic this has been a big headache for me...big thanks to everyone else who helped too.

Jenny
If you consider this topic closed, then please let us know by accepting an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.