Sign in to follow this  
whatdadizzle

carousel bug?

whatdadizzle

Hey guys, I've been using the carousel for a while now and sometimes the thumbs on the side to go next and back show, most times they don't. I've turned plugins off and on and can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Can anyone help? Here the link: http://afterthecredits.whatdadizzle.com/

ikonics
Hmm. Right now you have five thumbs showing. In your code only five list items (
  • ) are in the carousel. If there exists nothing to scroll to perhaps the navigation for the carousel isn't generated. You could test that theory by setting the number of carousel items displayed to 3 and then see if your navigation shows up. If it turns out that is the case, and you always want a navigation present, just be sure you set the number of carousel items display to at least 1 less than the number you have total.

whatdadizzle
    In my page lines settings I set it to display 12 even though there are only 9. Still nothing.

Rob
    Do you have 9 or 12 posts for the Carousel to read? It will cycle through the latest posts, looking for an image (either the featured image or first image in a post) to add and display. I did not see too many posts on your site. Try creating some test posts with different images and see how it goes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

whatdadizzle
    There's only 9, but I set it to display 12. Could it be because of the layout? I have a sidebar set to display on the left.

Rob
    That would do it, OR, the width of the images plus the padding, borders will only allow 5 to show. Try reducing the size of the carousel images and see if another shows up.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

whatdadizzle
    that's a lot of work. Could I adjust the sidebar size to make it fit?

ikonics
    I doubt if it is a layout problem. The carousel exists outside of the main content area - i.e. there's no sidebar in the carousel's containing div. So I have a couple questions. 1. What mode do you have the carousel in (e.g. posts, nextgen, hook)? 2. Have you tried to disable all your plugins altogether to see if it works then? I ask for two reasons. One, because if you have nine posts that you think should be showing up, then nine posts should be in your code - you only have five. The navigation isn't in your markup in firebug so is not getting built by the carousel's js file. The navigation problem I'm betting is the result of conflicting javascript/jquery and the posts not looping properly could be the result of a wordpress query conflict. I'd turn off all plugins, clear your cache, and test that the carousel is functioning properly first. If that still doesn't then I'd reinstall platform and check with my webhost to see that I had the appropriate hosting (e.g. php 5.2.4 or higher and MySQL 5.0 or higher for Wordpress 3.2).

whatdadizzle
    Carousel is in: Post/Featured Images(Default) I'm going to disable ALL plugins now, clear my Cache and see what happens. Also, the Animation for the Carousel isn't working either. I deleted all the images that would get pulled into the Carousel just to see what would happen. I also switch the page to Full Mode to check and just as Ikonics said, "Layout" is not the problem. Ok, so I deactivated plugins and it doesn't seem like its a plugin. All plugins are still deactivated at the moment.

whatdadizzle
    ok, so after dumping cache and refreshing, it seems there is a plugin conflict. Going through and check ing things now.

whatdadizzle
    All the issues are better except for rotation. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get it to rotate?