Sign in to follow this  
dscher

Boxes at the bottom of the site displayed wrong in older versions of Safari

dscher

I just launched a new client's site: http://econcept-brugge.be Everything seems to look as it should in Safari 5.1. However, the boxes at the bottom of the site are displayed incorrectly in older versions. Here is how it looks in an older Safari version and in my Iphone: xAtzg.jpg

Rob
Interesting! This will take some effort to resolve through styling or a Safari-specific fix. Does it look bad in the current version of Safari?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dscher
Thanks rangelone, It looks perfect on the new version of Safari. My concern is that many users won't have the latest version. I've tried using CSS to modify this but it still looks the same, no matter how narrow I make those boxes, they still stack vertically.

ikonics
That's weird. Can you post your css that you tried?

dscher
There's not much to show on that regard, I just tried adjusting the minimal height and width of the boxes. The class is .fboxinfo I didn't save it since it didn't work.

kastelic
Its going to be very hard to pinpoint the issue from a screenshot but here's an article on safari-specific CSS hacks: http://dustinbrewer.com/css-hackgetting-safari-to-behave/

Rob
As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes web design cannot meet the structure of every browser or every previous edition. It may simply be necessary to post a little blurb on your site saying "For Safari users, best viewed in version XXX" and leave it the visitor to upgrade their systems. There may be thousands of them, but if you mess up your design for tens or hundreds of thousands - it probably will be much worse.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur