Sign in to follow this  
emidzi

Social Icons Missing in PlatformPro

emidzi

I have recently upgraded and now am missing my Social Icons. The information for Twitter and Facebook are in the correct location. I have no idea why I am lacking Social Icons. Thanks, Elizabeth

Rob
Elizabeth, did you previously include the social icons via a hook in functions.php? Do you have a backup of that file? An upgrade, particularly an automated one will wipe clean your files. If they were customized, that could be lost. This is why I always recommend backups and saving custom code and in a text file on your local machine. The images will still be wherever you saved them.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

emidzi
Under Platform Pro settings, there is a place to input information for twitter and facebook. I re-input the information as if I was setting up my site for the first time. I was using the standard icons. I still cannot get the images to show up. (I did not have a hook....I did not deviate from the standard). http://superfrugalette.com I wish you all enabled screen shots. I would love to take one right now and show you.

catrina
You can take a screen shot, upload the image, and post the image URL link here if you wish. Have you already tried deactivating plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

emidzi
Currently all of my plugins are disabled.

Jenny
You have an error in your custom CSS. I don't know if you have it in the header file or in the custom code section, but it's showing: [code] .icons {bottom: 0px; right: px;} [/code] Notice the lack of a number on the "right" indicator? Now that's not the problem. Just an FYI.. lol. Your problem is that you're missing the file which should be located at http://superfrugalette.com/wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png. I recommend downloading platformpro again and uploading just that single file via FTP.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

emidzi
Please do not take offense at my answer but after my last attempt at the forum. I spent HOURS installing, and reinstalling platformpro. Following different peoples suggestions. I even was instructed to work with my host. Whom I had contacted and was posting these answers on their ticket area. All of these suggestions were fruitless until the developer gave me the solution. Pross solved my problem. I would really like another person to second this approach because I do not have the time to spend HOURS attempting something new. I am not sure where I would find such a file.

Jenny
Oh I'm sorry, I assumed that posting the URL above would tell you where the file is and should go. Login to your account here on Pagelines and download PlatformPro. Open the zip file and find this file (follow the directory structure to find it): /platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png. Login to your hosting account via FTP and browse to the following location: /wp-content/themes/platformpro/images/ and place the sprite-socialicons.png (from the zip file) into the images folder. I wasn't asking you to upload the whole theme. I only asked you to upload the single file. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

emidzi
Would anyone like to second this approach?

Simon
Yes I will, here is the status for that file: [code] HTTP/1.0 200 OK => Date => Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:32:30 GMT Accept-Ranges => bytes Connection => close ETag => "3a83-4e4ff3b5-0" Last-Modified => Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:49:41 GMT Content-Type => image/png Content-Length => 14979 Pragma => public Cache-Control => max-age=31536000 X-Powered-By => W3 Total Cache/0.9.2.4 Expires => Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:32:30 GMT [/code] As you can see W3 is sending the correct headers for the file but the file is not actually being sent. Probably either your cache is setup rong, needs flushing or possibly a htaccess problem.

emidzi
I believe I am having a cache problem and htaccess problem. I will work with my host and report back on my progress. Thank you.

emidzi
I am not sure why my answer was accepted. My host told me it was a pagelines problme. I have never found a solution to this problem and need to hire someone to solve it. I just haven't had the time to get back to it.

Danny
Hi, The reason why this forum post was accepted is that you had not replied and the instructions above, will resolve your issue. I have also replied to your helpdesk email.

Please search our forums, before posting!