Sign in to follow this  
danoah

When I add a new feature it disables other features

danoah

Any idea why when I add a feature it would disable other features that are ordered after it? It doesn't matter where I reorder it to, whatever's after it disappears and so I have to keep that particular feature at the end of the lineup, and then a white blank feature shows up (you can see it doing that now at www.danoah.com). My universal and page settings are accurate. Any ideas?

catrina
It looks like your site is down again. Strange, because it was working earlier. Have you already tried deactivating the plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danoah
Which plug-ins? I've deactivated them all trying to find a plug-in culprit but without luck. Today I installed a clean version of wordpress and transferred the files over. Is it possible that the PlatformPro files need to be installed clean and if so, how do I do that without wiping out all the work I've done?

Kate
It's most likely a markup issue in the first slide. Can you either post a link or paste the code for that feature?

danoah
Sure, it's the main feature on the home page. http://www.danoah.com/ Right now there's not an extra white slide because I figured out that if I put it 2nd to last, that disappears without removing the feature after it. I want it moved up in the stack though. I can paste the code for the feature but I don't know where to grab that exactly.

kastelic
I would agree that its most likely an unclosed or overlapping tag, have you validated the site?

kastelic
Paste your URL at http://validator.w3.org/

danoah
It found 65 errors on the site. What do I do with that to find the problem with the features section?

catrina
I entered your URL into the validator and when I ctrl/cmmd+F the results for "feature", I found this issue listed: [quote]Error Line 520, Column 91: Element div not allowed as child of element small in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.) ??¦div id="feature_38" class="fcontainer text-bottom fstyle-darkbg-overlay fix" > Contexts in which element div may be used: Where flow content is expected. Content model for element small: Phrasing content.[/quote] It looks like something that has to do with an unnecessary DIV tag.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danoah
Catrina, what does that mean? Is that a template problem? And how would I even fix it? Would rebuilding the feature set fix it?

kastelic
Check all the html you have written in every feature for unclosed tags. Here's at least one that is definately a problem (there's an unclosed tag: [code]

The brand new Dear Dan column.

[/code]

danoah
Oh, I see. It's something I've done. I thought it was something the template was doing.