Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Struggling with implementing a bbpress forum on Platformpro

edwelly

Hello all. I am new to PlatformPro and require some guidance in setting up the forum. I have read thru the instructions and I continue to struggle. I have never used bbpress before so please be nice. When I try and visit my forum, I get this error message: Deep Integration With WordPress Required It appears your WordPress installation isn't deeply integrated which is required for Platform Forum to work correctly (it needs access to WP functions). More info: Your WordPress install needs to be loaded on your forum pages, so we can use WP's functions. This is done by "including" (with a line of code) the wp-load.php file from WordPress. For help, please see bbPress.org, the info here deep integration with WordPress and contact your host for the path to include your WP install. So I check out the link but I have no idea what it is telling me to do: bbPress will not have access to WordPress??™ functions unless you manually tell bbPress to load WordPress first. This integration step is also known as ???deep??? integration, it is a totally optional part of integration and is not required to get shared cookies and logins working. In order to do it, you need to put require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/path/to/wp-load.php'); in bbPress??™ bb-config.php (wp-load.php is in the same directory as WordPress??™ wp-config.php file, so if your bbPress folder is directly inside your WordPress folder, the command becomes require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php');). Doing this will add quite a lot of weight to your bbPress installation as it will cause WordPress to load in it??™s entirety. Your best option is to try to emulate the functionality you require inside a bbPress plugin. So do I just add require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/path/to/wp-load.php'); but I have no idea: a) Where this entry goes in the bb-config.php file B) What the exact syntax of the string should be My Wordpress install is in my httpdocs folder and my bbpress is located in a folder called forums which is located in httpdocs Thanks ~ Erik

glynt

Hi Erik, I'm far from an expert so you will probably get much better answers than this... But I have gone through the exact same thing, so I feel your pain! I initially set up a stand alone bbpress and found it really difficult to get going. I then found out that there is a bbpress plug-in which works fine (for me, at least). I am using it here http://benidorm-selections.com/ It was so much simpler to set up and integrate with my website than the stand alone one.... Cheers, Glyn

edwelly

Gly, What plug-in are you using? Thanks - Erik

edwelly

this is getting worse. If I try and use the Recover Password feature, the bb-reset-password.php is completely blank. If I switch back to the default bbpress theme it works fine.