Sign in to follow this  
ntvalente

PlatformPro comments form customization

ntvalente

Where / how can i customize the comment form. Mine are in a different language, Portuguese, so I prefer to have all the comment form in Portuguese. Any help woulld be apretiated! Thanks!

Jenny

You can download the Portuguese Wordpress language file and set it as the default language in wp-config.php. Read more at http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress and visit http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Portuguese_-_Portugu.C3.AAs for your specific language.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ntvalente
Hi and thanks, I've tryed to add the code in order to change the wp to portuguese but it did not worked properly. But I really need is to change the comments file but the part wp tell us to change is not in the comments.php file (under theme). I need to say that the comments-form is really the file I want, but I can't find it, where is it? Thanks again!

bevj
might be in the wp core file wp-comments-post.php

Rob
The comments are a function not of the theme but of Wordpress. The file should be in the Wordpress files, not the theme. Bev is absolutely correct. You can change the language there by translating it manually.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ntvalente
Hi and thanks bevj and rangealone, I've found the file in the root directory, is that one? Because if it is it does not contain the text I want to change, although I've managed to translate the "errors" and other advices, but the main text ("Leave a comment"; "to leave a comment you myst be logged in", etc) and the form fields text itself (name, adress, etc) but I can't find where this file is. If I find the file I know what to do. Any other suggestions where this file is? Thanks!!

Rob
Actually, I'm not sure where WP may store that language. You may not like this suggestion, but it's worked for others and for me. Try using the Disqus plugin (see Dashboard > PlatformPro > Welcome (near the bottom are acceptable plugins) - click Disqus to learn more. Disqus provides a much nicer looking format for comments than Wordpress. It's much more customizable, too!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ntvalente
THANK YOU MILLIONS rangealone!!!! I was looking for somehting like this for some months... unfortunatelly had the welcome page alaways closed. This really changed everything, I didn't even had to customize, it has a portugueses and other languages and with a standard desing that is ok. I just need to set it up. But it is really waht I was looking for! Once again many thanks, this was a problem that was killing for some time! :)