Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Feature Font size

antonyw

Please can you point me to the location in the style sheet for changing the size of the feature heading and body text? Thank you

Rob

Antony, Pagelines uses a dynamic stylesheet. While there is a basic one, content in that is overridden by anything added to the Custom Code > Custom CSS. From there, it's written dynamically into the database and called anytime the site is viewed. If you wish to change a font size, you can do it within that context. Actually, all the changes you want to make to your site, if not made via options or hooks, are made via Custom Code.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw

ahh i see, so the changes i made to button borders and backgrounds in .css (ref: sidebar login) should have been done with custom code? - thanks for this tip.... so, specifically, how do i locate the line of code that referes to font sizes used in features?

catrina

Which CSS file did you make changes to? And yes, these changes should have been made in custom code. To locate the line of code that refers to font sizes used in features, please use Firebug: http://getfirebug.com/ How to use Firebug: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/?s=firebug#101

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonyw
I modified the platform pro .css to get the desired result. Once i have fathomed how to do the same with custom cose i will change it back - thanks for the links

antonyw
Ha, OK, now i am getting out of my depth but here goes... When i inspect element with firebug (on the heading of my feature - bottom left of the feature image) it tells me:

Product

when i try and change h2 size with custom code nothing happens i changed h1 and my post headings changed sized so thats working is there a line of code to specifically target this heading size? What am i missing..... apart from any training, experince etc etc. :) Thanks in advance for your help www.antonywhitehead.com

antonyw
I LOVE FIREBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 .fcontent .ftitle { font-size: 1.5em; font-weight: lighter; vertical-align: middle; } the column to the write, it shows you the code and bingo.....just cut and paste into the custom code section AND MAKE THE CHANGES!! Platform pro has just become even more flexible brilliant - THANKS FOR POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!

Rob
Isn't it great! And the Custom Code section is spectacular - allowing you to just add the code you want without having to edit files. If it doesn't work, you just change it on the settings page and bingo you have success. Glad you were able to find what you needed!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur