Sign in to follow this  
vindicus

PHP Issues WIth Feature Slide

vindicus

So I'm currently using a Modified Feature Page Template. It's working perfectly fine, except the THUMBNAILS beneath doesn't show at all. They do work when I use the original Feature template, so nothing wrong there. www.on-hands.com is the site. this is the code I'm using <?php global $pagelines_ID; if(is_page_template('page-fullwidth.php') || is_page_template('page-fullhighlight.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full')) $full_width_page = true; else $full_width_page = false; if(is_page_template('page-carousel.php') || is_page_template('page-carousel-full.php')) $carousel_page = true; else $carousel_page = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-page.php') || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $featureslide_template = true; else $featureslide_template = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID))) $fboxes_template = true; else $fboxes_template = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-frontpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-page.php') || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $featureslide_template = true; else $featureslide_template = false; if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-frontpage.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID))) $fboxes_template = true; else $fboxes_template = false; ?> <?php if($featureslide_template) get_template_part('pro/template_feature'); ?> <?php if($carousel_page) get_template_part('pro/template_carousel');?>

<?php if(!is_page_template('page-highlight.php') && !is_404()) get_template_part('library/_sub_head');?> <?php if(is_page_template('page-fullhighlight.php')) get_template_part ('pro/template_highlight'); ?> <?php if($fboxes_template) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>
<?php if(is_page_template('page-highlight.php')):?> <?php get_template_part('pro/template_highlight');?> <?php get_template_part('library/_sub_head');?> <?php endif;?>
<?php get_template_part ('library/_contentfooter'); ?>
What's wrong with my code? Why won't the thumbnails show?

vindicus

My fault. The slider is fine, but in my hunt for a frontpage without content and sidebar, I had to make a new template, including the feature slider. Everything is fine, except that the thumbnails beneath (showing the different slides) went missing in my new template. And I cant find the reason :(

catrina

I think you could use the default feature slider without making changes and use CSS to hide and the content and sidebar on only the front page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

vindicus

I'll do whatever works. Donyou know any css codes that mighpt help me therre, and hoe do I apply them only to the frontpage?

catrina

You can change your feature slider back to the default. Once you've done that, let me know and I'll check your site out and give you sample CSS to use.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Please add the following CSS to Custom Code > CSS Rules:

body.home #maincontent {display: none;}
	body.home #sidebar {display: none;}
	body.home div.post-footer {display: none;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

vindicus

Omg. I cant belivie this.. I really can't! I spent over 4 hours yesterday trying to solve this problem, and here you come working your magic fingers applying a short simple css code that fixes it all.. I hate and love you at the same time! Mostly love though.. Thanks!