Sign in to follow this  
jimyost

Page Titles vanished -can't get them back...

jimyost

Can someone help me get my titles back? I was having fun like a kid at Xmas with PlatformPro (LUV it!!)-- then I added too many plug-ins or something, I dunno, something broke-- My page titles just vanished! (not the window title, the page content title) So I disabled all plugins, emptied the cache and still nothing. So I said, 'whatever', I have no content yet-- I deleted everything from my hosted server, I set up a new database, I did a clean reinstall of Wordpress and PlatformPro theme with default settings with no added plug-ins or CSS modifications. SAME THING! My titles still don't show. Same when I view on a different machine. Yet if I switch themes, the titles show in the other themes. This is over MY head. Any help appreciated. Here's my link-- I'll leave this install up and undisturbed until/if I get an answer. Thanks! http://www.jimyost.com/unspeakable_wp_8_19/

Rob

Since you did a clean install, did you check the Template Settings to make sure you have the right template? Go to Blogs and Posts, scroll down and make sure "Automatically show Page titles? " is CHECKED. Then, let me know how it goes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jimyost

D'oh! That did it. Though I don't have any recollection of manually activating them previously, and it seems a bit odd that such a standard feature is deactivated by default... But anyways, thanks for the quick help! You guys are the best! j

Jenny

Yes it is deactivated by default. You probably saw the option previously and wondered why in the world it wasn't activated, so you checked the box. :) I'm glad rangelone was able to help you!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.