Sign in to follow this  
andrewsmilkshake

How do I remove the links from top levels? I want user to only click to sub-level menu..

andrewsmilkshake

I want user to only click to sub-level menu..I have tried installing the drop down menu widget, which works in other premium themes and normal wordpress. It doesn't seem to work in platform pro. I have tried creating a bespoke menu and selecting it in the head and nav sectio - still nothing. Any kind and knowledgeable person able to help? Many thanks

Rob

Can you send a link to your site and a snapshot of what you're trying to achieve? Dropdown menus don't need a widget in Wordpress. It creates them in the Appearances > Menus area by dragging a menu item slightly to the right. Platform Pro doesn't control the menu hierarchy. It does control the menu's styling and placement. Do you just want to move a menu to a lower position on your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

andrewsmilkshake

Thanks for your reply The site is www.michellegrandofficial.com I have the hierarchy aspect sorted I think. If you have a look at the site the problem I am trying to deal with at the moment shows up when you click on the "concerts", "music" and "awards" links. At the moment they link to an empty page. I'd like to disable the links on these pages so that the visitor can only go to the secondary pages - "upcoming concerts", "past performances" "discography" etc... I think there's a way of doing it using the "#" but I don't know where to insert it, or if there's a straightforward way to do it in the wp/platform pro admin areas. Thanks again for your help

Rob

Ah, this is easier than you think. Awards actually shows content. Concerts and Music only show up with empty content. There are two options there. 1. You can add content summarizing and providing links to the child content 2. You can make the first child link (not the label) the link in the parent. Check the menu structure at one of the major sections of my site: http://www.epicurus.com/Glossary/

Jenny

You are correct when you mention using the #. I'm not sure how your menus are setup or what you're using to make the awards, concerts, and music menu items show up, but all you need to do is use the "Custom Links" section in the Menu panel. Just enter the URL as # only and then Label it however you want (i.e. Concerts). Drag the menu item wherever you want, put the child items underneath and save.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

andrewsmilkshake

Thank you so much to both of you. I really appreciate it. I hope I can return the favour some day :-)

Jenny

You're welcome! Glad we could help. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob

Ditto!