Sign in to follow this  
terrimd

Fatal Errors after installation

terrimd

I installed PlatformPro and PlatformBase to my wordpress site. I activated the PlatformBase theme. And, when I went to my site http://hitw.org/wordpress/wp-admin I started getting fatal errors. (e.g. Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_nav_menus() in /home/content/h/i/t/hitw116/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/sidebars/section.footcols.php on line 42) I am going to into the files and removing the lines of code causing the error, but I am afraid this isn't the right course of action. Can anyone advise? Thanks. t.

Rob

Try reinstalling Platform (not the Base). Make sure PlatformBase is your activated theme. Check it again. If it doesn't work, deactivate PlatformBase and try the default theme that came with WP. See if you have a similar problem - which would indicate a database problem, not a theme one.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

terrimd

Thanks for the answer. Two things: PlatformBase was my activated theme. When I get the fatal error, I cannot access my dashboard, so there really is no way to deactivate.

Rob

Yikes! Okay, in that case, I'm going to recommend a totally drastic step. Login to your site via FTP. Path your way to your Wordpress installation to the wp-content > themes area. Drag and drop both Platform and PlatformBase to your root, temporarily. That would compel Wordpress to default to its pre-installed theme. Try to login to the Dashboard after closing your browser window and re-opening. If can login, there's a problem with Platform. If you can't, then it's your Wordpress installation.

terrimd

Well, I copied the Wordpress folder to my root directory and reinstalled the themes and it looks like I am up and running. Thanks for your help! I

Rob

My pleasure. Let me know if I should close this ticket?