Sign in to follow this  
jibfu

Why is my navbar jumping to the right?

jibfu

I've specified that the navbar be offset to the right (and I plan on implementing the "pagelines_inside_top_branding" hook to keep it on the same line as the header graphic). The home page not in alignment with the other 4 pages of main nav; it jumps to the right when you click one of the nav pages. How can I fix this? http://waynemackeson.com/attorney/

jibfu

I think I've figured it out - it's the browser scrollbar that is the problem. Is there any way to account for this?

Rob

Clicking the image file you have that starts with "Accolades" just opens the image in the same window. On a side note, it's not Martendale-Hubbell but Martindale-Hubbell. That image may not be your best option. Stacking a series of linkable separate images divided by a graphic divider might work MUCH better. Glad you resolved the other issue. Since I don't see the problem you described, I can't answer how to account for it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jibfu

Let me see if I can be more clear about the problem - if some pages have content that causes the page to need to scroll, (of course dependant on browser window size) the scrollbar appearing or disappearing causes the nav to jump back and forth. Is there any way to change this behavior? I know I can set it not to scroll, but then the viewer won't see all the content. Is it possible to cause a nav to always display in the spot where it will be if the browser scrollbar is active? Thanks for the typos update. Lawyer is also misspelled as lawer.

Rob

Good thing it's not a court brief for the spelling. I'll revisit. I have a fairly large monitor.

Rob

Okay.. I went to this page http://waynemackeson.com/attorney/?page_id=29 which has one of your counsel's images and compels me to scroll down. Using Firefox, no problems with the menu. It remains static on the right side, just where had had been. Same thing in IE9. It's possible this is a glitch in your browser. Have you tried others or another computer?

jibfu

I need to add an overflow:scroll; div tag, but I don't know where to put it to make the correct scrollbar appear. I only want the "page" level to have this bar.

jibfu

It's not a browser glitch: if you go to http://waynemackeson.com/attorney/?page_id=18 and resize such that it barely fits with no scrollbar, and then go to http://waynemackeson.com/attorney/?page_id=26 (for example) you should see the jump. Between having a bar and not having a bar, the nav moves. If I add the scroll tag to keep the bar there at all times, it will be fine, I just don't know where to put it. Spelling errors were because that image is not the final version, it was thrown up quickly in order that formatting issues could be solved. The attorney is not at fault; I take the blame.

Jenny

I cannot duplicate the problem you are describing. Did you get the problem resolved?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jibfu

I think I got it. I added between the brackets in the body section of custom CSS. Thanks for taking a look, everyone! I'm kinda noob at CSS, so sometimes I just need to thrash it out. Thanks again.