Sign in to follow this  
antonella

best way to add a photo to the right of a full-width page with no text underneath

antonella

Hello, On the default pages on a site, I'd like to have a feature image on every page float right, but with no text underneath. Other than setting a special class on the images to force the bottom padding, is there a way to use any of the special sections (boxes, banners, etc.) to do this? I've tried playing around with the sections, but without success. Here is the sample page: http://jazzchoreographyenterprises.org/site/about-us/ Is there a way to force two columns on a page via platform pro? Thanks.

catrina

I think the best way to do this is with a hook and CSS. Are the feature images going to be different per default page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonella

yes, each page would have a different image.

catrina

I think the easier way to do this is by not using the feature slider. If it's only going to be an image and not anything else, it could stand alone without having to tweak other things in order to hide them. When you say you want the image to float right on every page, how big do you want the image to be? Do you want it to be small enough to fit on the side of the content?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny

It looks like you've got this figured out to me! Otherwise I totally misread your question. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

antonella

Yes, I ended up using a plugin to create 2 columns and put the image in the second column. Thanks!

Jenny
Sounds like the perfect solution to me! Glad you got it figured out. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.