Sign in to follow this  
raquel_p

Buddypress layout is broken

raquel_p

Installed: Wordpres 3.2.1 (set to Multisite) Buddypress 1.2.9 BuddyPress Template Pack 1.1.4 (I completed all the steps) Theme: PlatformBase 1.4.1 PlatformPro 1.5.2 Configuration: Full-Width Mode (Without Canvas) Take a look: http://espelho1.jardineiro.net/groups or http://espelho1.jardineiro.net/blogs Where is the Sidebar 1? Why is the Sidebar 2 below?

raquel_p

I did not change the template, only post type templates in functions.php (for output of the custom fields). You can see that the layout remains normal in the other pages on the site.

raquel_p

A html test at validator.w3.org results this: Line 144, Column 49: Unclosed element div.

catrina

Sidebar 2 can be pushed up using CSS. As for Sidebar 1, there shouldn't be a sidebar 1 since the forum usually just has the forum content in the main column on the left and one sidebar (sidebar 2) on the right. Do you want an extra sidebar created to replicate the look of your other blog pages?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

raquel_p

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your help. Are you trying to tell me that the layout is it anyway? That is, it's not broken?

Rob

The pushing down of sidebars in Buddypress is a known Buddypress bug. It affects almost every theme, even the ones optimized to work with Buddypress like PlatformPro. If you google "Buddypress pushes sidebars down) you'll see this is a known issue since 2007 and hasn't been addressed by them.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

raquel_p

Thanks Rangelone, Following your trail, I got this solution from Kastelic:

#buddypress-page #content{
	width:650px;
	float:left;
	}

Works perfectly!

Rob

Make sure it works on the Groups page. The comments I've read about Buddypress say it's where Groups shows that everything breaks. Of course Kastelic is one of the best pros we've got.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur