Sign in to follow this  
dmonkman

Move the twitter bar to header area

dmonkman

I would like to move the twitter bar to just below the primary-nav. I am using the child base theme and have viewed the help video on this subject but I am having trouble understanding what is needed to move the twitter bar. I can get text or the search form to appear in the area I would like but I don't know what css or PHP is needed to move the twitter bar to this area. If I place this CSS/PHP add_action('pagelines_after_primary-nav', 'add_twitterbar'); // function name function add_twitterbar(){ ?>

testing Portage Holler
<?php } // end function it of course just give me static text not the dynamic twitter feed.

kastelic

Here is what I would do. Read the doc on creating a custom section. Create a new section based on section.twitterbar.php. You will just have to make a copy of that file and change the name like section.twitterbar.php and change the name in the appropriate places in the file. Then register it in function.php as per the instructions. Now, on line 22 change it to:

'workswith' 	=> array('header'),  

dmonkman

thanks for your help with this...I actually ended up just adding the 'header' to the existing section.twitter.php file so i have the option to use the twitter bar in couple of areas...so it looks like this 'workswith' => array('header', 'morefoot'),