Sign in to follow this  
WebIT

iBlogPro java script jQuery conflict with date picker on Formidable Pro Forms

WebIT

My date picker in Formidable Pro Forms not working. It won't pull up a calendar. See here: http://www.capek9cardio.com/contact/existing-client/ I've disabled all plugins and found it's only a problem with this theme. Works in Platform Pro. Here is what Formidable Pro said: Topic: Date Picker Displays January 1, 1970 (http://formidablepro.com?p=7580#frm_topic_18264) Post: It looks like there is a javascript error that is causing a conflict with wordpress' built-in version of jQuery. To determine what is causing the conflict, you will need to deactivate your theme first and see if the date picker works, and if not try deactivating one plugin at a time and testing the date picker until you find the culprit. once you know what is causing your javascript conflicts, you should point the author to this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script that contains information on how to properly load javascripts. Let us know how it goes."

catrina

Hm, I am not too familiar with properly loading Javascripts, but I'm bumping this up so that others can provide insight.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Kate

Hello, The JS files are enqueued correctly. However, there are at times conflicts. It appears to me the issue is with this code:

Is that, by any chance, code you've added yourself?

WebIT

No. Formidable or ECWID cart perhaps.

kastelic

Have you disabled all plugins except the date picker and then tried it?

WebIT
Just tried that. Disabled all plugins (except formidable) and still no date picker.

Kate
Under Settings->Custom Code, do you have anything in the Scripts boxes? Also: when you disable all plugins, does the code I mentioned above disappear?

WebIT
google analytics only. removed that and disabled all plugins. still no working date picker. i had to disable the dates on all of my forms and add a simple text line. I'd love to figure out the confliction.

Jenny
Wish I could help but I don't know javascript at all. :( Is another date picker plugin available that you could try?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebIT
No, I'm not giving up Formidable.

Rob
Sometimes when a plugin doesn't function properly under any circumstances and we can't find a solution, there's little option but to face the fact that the plugin just won't work. This is clearly not a problem with iBlogPro. Please research and find http://formidablepro.com/help-desk/datepicker-issue-1-05-05/ and http://formidablepro.com/help-desk/two-form-edit-bugs-including-date-picker/ . Perhaps you should also look at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-formidable-forms-js-date-error . I'd strongly suggest you shift your request for support to formidablepro.com and we'll be happy to support any theme related issues, such as the placement of forms the site. If you've added any Custom CSS and additional scripting or plugins to resolve this, you should probably strip those out so that you're dealing with a totally clean installation of Formidable when dealing with their support team. Best to luck and don't hesitate to let us know if we can help you style the forms or make sure the theme is working properly. By process of elimination, I think we've concluded that iBlogPro is not the issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebIT
Strange that it works in platform pro though. Thanks.

Rob
Are you using WP Minify or any other Minify script in your iBlogPro installation? When you disabled all plugins except Formidable and viewed your site, did you totally shut the browser down before viewing the site (after re-opening)? Additionally, you should consider deleting Minify (not deactivating), deleting Formidable and reinstalling ONLY the Formidable plugin. If there's a conflict created by Minify it may appear in your database. Total removal might help clear that out. If you can, use phpMyAdmin to check your database for any fields dealing with Minify. If you find any, review them to see what they're doing. "This plugin uses the Minify engine to combine and compress JS and CSS files to improve page load time." - By compressing JS, it could be causing a conflict in the jQuery in Formidable. For Minify to function, it must be locking its compression into the cache, so it has to be forcing something into browsers. Even if you used Minify in Platform, since Platform works we must consider that there's a fundamental difference between iBlogPro and Platform - in that iBlogPro is a theme, Platform is, as the name suggests, a platform. Minify may well have a conflict with iBlogPro and not with Platform which would explain your ability to make the Formidable datepicker visible in Platform.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur