Sign in to follow this  
j powers

Post page not my home

j powers

I know I saw on a posting on having a newly created page as your landing page ie a Homepage and how to make this change but I am still not 100%. I started out with my blog page as my landing page but have now decided to have a home page. What is the easiest way to get my post page to show up as a menu page of it's own without loosing content I have already posted as this is not a page that shows up under pages. Thanks

kastelic

Go to Settings -> REading and select "a static page" for your home page and then you can set any page as your posts page.

j powers

Thanks, I got that far, I already had posts on the go, I don't want to lose them I would like to use the same page I started for my blog.

catrina

Are you saying that you still want the posts somewhere else (a separate blog page)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

j powers

My initial post page when I started with pagelines was my blog page, I had posts on it, when I assign a new page to be my landing page as suggested above I have no view of the initial blog page I already had on the go, it does not show up under Pages.

kastelic

Make a new page called "blog". Then go into Settings -> Reading and set it as your "posts" page.

j powers

That works Thank you ! :-D