Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

Looking for an online coach to "migrate" an (oldschool) css site to WordPress...

camatteo

I'm just learning but I'm convinced PageLines is the best idea. Is there anyone willing to coach me? Our non-profit organization will be very thankful!

klinskyc

Might be willing to do this for my portfolio. Do you have a link for your website now?

camatteo

www.wccaucus.org We would like to keep the design format. Our users like it. However, we want to add a blog to the Cloelia nav section, and add a few other navigation sections. That's the reason for moving to WordPress, in addition to our being able to easily add other editors. Do you have any simple suggestions?

klinskyc

Well you have 2 sidebars, which you can make in layout settings and on the sidebar just add the html that you already have for the donation button, images, and text. Everything else is just setting in wordpress and platform

camatteo

Those sidebars are really rather design frames than areas for content. Can I do that easily in WordPress? So all I have to do is use a PlatformPro Layout like that. How do I do side navigation buttons that change color like that? I have not had the courage to go into the css stylesheet. Remember, when I first drew up this oldschool model it took me a very long time and I have not worked much at the design. All I do is update content (which is why I like moving over to WordPress, ultimately). I never really got to the drag-and-drop fun of PlatformPro with my personal site at www.chrysanthemumclassics.com I did a lot of tweaking on the dashboard but wasn't really working like a pro.