Sign in to follow this  
jessesoininen

How to get rid off "Currently viewing the category:" on top of my category?

jessesoininen

Would love to get rid of this useless info:) Please is there a way? YOurs Jesse PS. Your new search does not understand full phrase search! Why is that? Because of the tags? Thats NOT wise. You are doubling your own work by having search that does not behave like your customers think and search:) Doubles your support time and renders your library of answers useless.

Rob

Can you share a link to your site Jesse? As for the forums, we recently changed the forum software and are presently working out the differences. Your feedback is welcome though and I've sent this to the developers for their attention.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jessesoininen

Cant??t currently share my site-URL due to customer security issues. My problem is that every category page starts with slogan: "Currently viewing the category: "-the category name-" I??d like to remove this unnessescary info item. Can??t find the option from PageLines Pro user interface. Thank you in advance:) I really appreciate your help! Jesse

Rob

Jesse, I can't think of a single place in which the theme actually does that. I've searched high and low and unless I'm missing something, I suspect there's the fiendish work of a plugin at hand. May I suggest deactivating each plugin one at a time and looking at a hard-refreshed view to see if the problem has gone away. If you find it, you should write the plugin author and ask them for a solution. If you don't, let me know and I'll bump it up to our developers.

jessesoininen

Hi, firebug says:

Looks to me as your code since there is no plugins in my site. Is there a way to send you screen capture image of the blog post top page area? Yours Jesse

Kate

Well, if that's the class, then you could hide it with CSS:

.current_posts_info{display:none;}

jessesoininen

Simple as that:) Works like a charm. Thank You Again:))) PlatformPro:)

jessesoininen

How do I mark this thread closed and soved?

Rob

I'll do it for you. Thanks. Glad it worked!