Sign in to follow this  
inov8ed

Simple way to create show/hide text spoiler

inov8ed

Does anyone have a simple way to hide/show a spoiler in a post? Basically I have a paragraph of text that would be better if it was hidden and then revealed on clicking the title. There are a bunch of plugins with shortcodes that seem to do this, but they all seem to add features that I don't need beyond this (and I don't want to use more memory for stuff I don't need). Anyone have an easy way to do this with PlatformPro? jQuery is already loaded, so couldn't some CSS and a hook make it work anywhere? Seems like it would be a great feature to just build into PlatformPro... Thanks! -Adam

inov8ed

All the ones I tried from the demo code didn't work. Tried with the extra javascript in the header scripts and footer in the PagelinesPro custom code but they don't seem to work. Anyone tried this feature of fading a div in and out without going to a plugin? Thanks. -Adam

Rob

Some javascripts do it, but no assurance they will work. Try looking at www.dynamicdrive.com to see if they have anything that would work. If you found a PHP script to do it, you could use Shortcode Exec PHP to make a shortcode and include that. Otherwise, I've not seen what you're suggesting.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

Glad you found a solution.

inov8ed
It is a pretty decent plugin. Does some odd CSS stuff at times and is hard to figure out how to change, but it has a lot of decent options... -Adam

Rob
I'm glad it's working.