Sign in to follow this  
balldsgn

Background image

balldsgn

Is there a way to stack or layer 2 images? What I would like to do is have a non-repeat fixed top image and a small repeating base image to allow the page to expand with content.

kastelic

You could set the repeating image as the body background, and then set the other image as a header background, or even insert a blank div using a hook such as pagelines_before_site, which you can set fullwidth if you need to. Multiple background images on a single element is possible with CSS3 but wont work on all browsers, and I'm not sure that you can have one repeat.

balldsgn

Kastelic Thanks for the info! Could you explain in a little more detail how to do it. (ie blank div using a hook such as pagelines_before_site) I have been playing with firebug and the backgrounds but have not had any luck getting it to work. M

Rob

Okay M. In your Design Control settings let's say you have set up a background. Structure it for where you want it to start and end. Now, if it's your header or some other area, just include the image you want and it should appear. Check www.epicurus.com/Glossary/. That's what I did there and it's both the (green) background and the header (Epicurus.com) which is a transparent PNG file, laying over the background. Is this what you wish to achieve?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

balldsgn

Rangelone thanks!!!- Kinda solved it on my own before your post... but the same solution. The site I am working on is a food company and they want to have a recipe section on the site with about 300 recipes using their products. I really like what you have done with your recipe section. Could you tell me what recipe management solution / plugin you are using?

Rob

Easy Recipe, which uses the new Google standard hRecipe microformat. It's a plugin and available via Wordpress

Rob

PS, tell your client they can post their recipes and promote their products on my site too!

balldsgn

Is the recipe browser function and drop down part of easy recipe. I already have easy recipe installed but have not really started looking into it yet. Thanks M

Rob

drop down part? Could you elaborate? I'm not sure if you're looking at my old recipes or the new ones.