Sign in to follow this  
acephysio

Add HTML Hook to Header

acephysio

Hi I would like to add the contact info in HTML format to my header for my website at acephysio.ca I attempted to do this by following the Hook video but I was unsuccessful. Using firebug I have identified that I would like to add my code into

or before the social media icons using a hook. I would like to add the following Div. Can you please explain how to do this, it seems like this should be a very simple modification yet the video does not address this fully. Thank you
Ace Physio

2 Carlton St, Suite 1307

Toronto, ON

M5B1J3

Thank you

acephysio

Figured it out myself...now just gotta align correctly // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end','contact_info'); // function name function contact_info() { ?>

Ace Physio

2 Carlton St, Suite 1307

Toronto, ON

M5B1J3

} <?php }

acephysio

How can I align my social media and contact info to the top? acephysio.ca

Jenny

You will need to add CSS to your custom CSS file for the "contact_info". Otherwise you can do some inline styling. Adding

style="margin-top:-70px;"

moves it up nicely. I also suggest adding font elements since it doesn't match the rest of the page.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

acephysio

Perfect, thank you for your quick response, for anyone else who is looking to create a header this was the code // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','contact_info'); // function name function contact_info() { ?>

Company Info
Address

Address Tel: 555-5555 Fax: 555-5555