Sign in to follow this  
reda77

Platform base, the best way to use ?

reda77

Hello, I try to write rules in the CSS file style.css platformbase to change things in the platform theme as pro said I should ... but when I inspect a few things with Firebug. it sends me to the file that is dynamic.css platformpro in the file. I know that if I touch this file, I could lose all my changes when new updates. could you help me how to better use platformchid, knowing that I use firebug and CSSEdit to make changes a graphics elements on my website. Thank you :)

Rob

When you're adding/editing CSS, are you doing it directly in the file, via FTP or, are you using the Custom CSS section of the PlatformPro setup? All the CSS added in setup is dynamically written to dynamic.css. To access this, in your Platform Pro setup, go to the bottom of the navigation where you'll see <>Custom Code. A dialog box called CSS Rules is where you'd add your customized CSS. Once saved, activated and there's no need to edit your .css files. Note that when there are upgrades of PlatformPro, your customized .css files may be overwritten, but Custom Code remains constant as it's actually written into the database.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

reda77

I use CSSEdit to select objects to change, I think it's the only way for a novice like me to make changes.

Rob

The way Pagelines is written, it's best to use the Custom Code section to add new CSS. I'd suggest you use CSSEdit and copy the results into Custom Code, rather than editing the style.css or base.css directly. I hope this has been helpful!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur