Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Feature Thumbnail upload box not appearing on Custom post types?

Danny

Hi, I need to be able to use the Feature thumbnail upload box that appears on both the page and post editor screen for my custom post type. Now my custom post types are set to use thumbnals but the upload box doesnt appear? I have checked the screen options and there is nothing there to tick. I've searched google and found someone having a similar issue as me and on that post they posted how they resolved the issue by adding this to their functions.php file: add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'custom-type' ) ); Now I tried this and it didnt work for me, so how do I enable this feature? Thanks Danny

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Acutally, I was quite stupid and found the error of my ways, I thought that: add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array( 'post', 'custom-type' ) ); the 'custom-type' was correct the way it was, where actually it should be the name of your custom post type doh!

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jenny

Hi Danny. To verify, have you checked the "post thumbnails" box in the "supports" section of your custom post type? Have you tried to use a WP plugin to create your custom post? Sometimes it's easier that way. :) Edit: Nevermind! Glad you got it figured out. -Jenny

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.