Sign in to follow this  
smile9381

CSS headache

smile9381

Seriously, I'm no CSS newbie, and this code is ridiculous. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to working with Thesis, which is so clean by comparison. Trying to custom style anything in PageLines is a total headache. I can get it working just fine with Firebug, but when I copy the CSS into the custom code panel, it does nothing. For example, my top level navigation is how I want it. But it is making the submenu that way as well. When I add this to Firebug, it looks correct: ul.sf-menu ul.sub-menu, ul.sf-menu ul.children {background-color: #58483A;} I've tried what seems like a million different ways to accomplish this, but nothing has worked. Is someone able to help?

smile9381

Oh, and even though I have all the serif text set to be "Crimson Text" -- both in the dynamic write panel AND base.css -- the links at the bottom of my site are still displaying as Georgia. Frustrated. Here's the site link: http://sophiainstitute.thomasmorecollege.edu/

smile9381

I just added an !important declaration to the footer issue, which fixed it. But I tried that on the nav menu issue and it didn't work.

smile9381

Finally found a combination that works. And I'm having to use the !important declaration for everything. So I guess this discussion with myself has morphed into something else: Initially I was using the custom write panel in the WP admin area, but I switched over to base.css. I deleted everything out of the write panel, but it still seems to be stored in dynamic.css. Is there any way to delete the stuff in there so I don't have to use all these stinking important declarations all over the place?

Rob

I've flagged your questions to a developer. Unfortunately, I'm not proficient enough in CSS to give you the accurate reply you deserve. If no-one gets back to you by Monday, add to this question and I'll try to help more.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kastelic

dynamic.css stores all your settings from Design Control, in addition to the CSS code in the Custom Code panel, which may be what you're seeing.