Sign in to follow this  
robertha

How to insert a Secondary Nav vertically in the sidebar beside the content?

robertha

Hello, I've created my own page template successfully. Now, I'm guessing that I'm going to have to build a custom 'section' in order to add a secondary nav to the sidebar... Correct? Or is there an easier way that I am missing? I tried using the widgets to add a secondary nav however, each section of my website will have a unique 2nd Nav so I don't want to use the widget method. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but please go easy on me. I'd like to build a vertical secondary nav that allows users to drill deeper into the site. I want it to appear beside the page content area. And perhaps I'd like to style it with css. But how can I do this without destroying the sidebar that's meant for widgets? Please tell me which files to edit and the best way to go about this. Thanks very much :)

Rob

Hi, Have you considered using a plugin called Widget Logic? That plugin will allow you to set up your widgets to show in different sections as you determine. You can create secondary navigation menus for each purpose, and with Widget Logic, determine which one shows in specific sections of your site. Let me know if this works for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

robertha
Sounds like a decent plugin. Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry that I'm only posting this now.