Sign in to follow this  
gm4jh

Need third level Child menu drop down

gm4jh

Where are the number of drop down levels controlled? I have menus working properly but cannot get them to go down to a third level as shown here: PARENT _child 1st level drop down __child 2nd level right side flyout ___child 3rd level drop down from 2nd level right side flyout

gm4jh

Just to be clear the menu structure I'm trying to achieve is this: ignore periods to the left for menu structure simulation here in the forum. News & Articles<---- (Parent) ............ Articles<---- (Child) .................. Job Search Articles<---- (Sub-Child) ....................... When jobs are hidden<---- (I cannot get to here) ....................... How to get a job ....................... Hidden Jobs ....................... Who They Know

Rob

In the Menu Setup section of WordPress (on the left, under Appearances>Menus) you add items to the menu. With your mouse, cursor over each item that needs to be a child or sub-child. Just drag and drop to the right a little bit. Each level goes in one 'notch'. Once saved, your site will show down arrows next to every main menu item that has a child or subchild.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gm4jh

Please visit this url: http://www.perrymartel.com once there, go to the News & Articles>Articles>Job Search Articles>When jobs are hidden . . . You cannot get there at the new site using WhiteHousePro 3 here at this url: http://wwwperrymartel.com/new once there, go to the News & Articles>Articles>Job Search Articles>[iT STOPS HERE] I have it setup correctly in the WordPress menus but it does not want to give me that extra child menu level.

Rob

Can you take a snapshot of the menu setup and post a link to it here? I'd like to see how your menu is actually being set up (indented) for hierarchy. Perhaps I can replicate this problem on one of my sites and find you a solution.

Rob

Actually, I've tried to replicate your demo on my own WHPro site, as well as a few others in my group and I'm having the same problem. I tried it in Platform Pro as well and the researched it on Wordpress' forums. It would appear this is a Wordpress issue and not a theme issue. There may be plugins to help extend the hierarchy of the navigation menus. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/only-show-tiers-1-and-2-of-navigation-no-grandchildresubsubpages