Sign in to follow this  
danoah

How do I fix the background

danoah

Hello, how do I make the background fixed so that it doesn't scroll with the page?

Rob

On your Design Control page in PlatformPro setup, where you uploaded the background image, did you change the settings below it? Vertical Position set to "0" should cause the background to be at the very top of the site and stay there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

danoah

I have it set to zero, but it still scrolls with the content. I want it to stay put while the content scrolls over it.

Rob

Can you let me know what Custom CSS you have, if any, and what plugins you're using?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

danoah

The only CSS I have is: body{} #page-canvas{ -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 10px #333; -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 10px #333; box-shadow: 1px 1px 10px #333; } For plugins I have: Breadcrumb Contact Form 7 FlickrRSS Google News Sitemap Jetpack Post Types Order Really Simple CAPTCHA Wordpress Popular Posts WP Ad Manager WP-PageNavi Thanks, Dan

Jenny

Hi Dan. Please view my answer in another thread (http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12495/how-do-i-add-a-background-picture-that039s-fixed#Item_3). This should solve your problem.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

danoah

Thanks Jenny! I'll have to try that as soon as I get home on Monday and have access to my file system. I can't find the bg URL in the source code at the moment.

danoah

Hey Jenny, found it. That worked, but it got rid of the black background in my morefoot section. How do I get that back? Thanks, Dan

catrina

Please add the following CSS:

ul#list_fullwidth_sidebar li.widget-default {background-color: #000;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse