Sign in to follow this  
cbristow

bbpress integration

cbristow

Hi there, Start by echoing a common thread - great, powerful product, but some of the documentation is woefully lacking and probably causes more support than required. But repeat - great product. I found an identical recent support issue but having read it numerous times, something was missing from the thread, so I'm posting here. I have installed PlatformPro - all working OK. Playing around with it at www.littlebourne.co.uk to test out the features. I have installed bbpress in wordpress/wp-content/plugins. In the dashboard menu I can see Forums/Topics/Replies, and I can create forums and topics. If I view the forum or topic from the dashboard, it doesn't display it http://www.littlebournevillage.co.uk/wordpress/forums/topic/seed-swaps/, but it does show the default PlatformPro page - header/footer and a Group Forums Directory with no topics. When I go to Appearance/Themes I have the current theme of PlatformBase 1.4.1 and teh warning message - Your active theme does not inlcude bbpress template files, Your forums are using teh default styling included with bbPress. I have read the instructions (see my original comment!) and I have copied the PlatformForum folder into the bb-templates folder. I have changed the name of the config file from bb-config-sample.php to bb-config.php. I have added the line require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ???/../../../wp-load.php??™) - not sure about my directory path, but the path is wordpress/wp-content/plugins/bbpress. In the PlatformPro Settings I have activated the Forum Settings into the menu. Not sure what else to do - I don't know how to activate the Forum theme per your instructions as it is not showing up under Appearance - current theme has message per above. Thanks for your help.

cbristow

Hi Catrina Thanks for the reply. I creating the my-templates folder and moved the PlatformForum folder there, but no difference. Having said that, the documentation for PP states moving it to bb-templates folder, where I had originally loaded it. There has to be an easier way to explain this - it would be useful to see a screenshot of where I would expect to see an option to choose the forum template - I may be able to work it out from there.

bonngean

Hi @cbristow, Reading your original post:

I have changed the name of the config file from
	 bb-config-sample.php to bb-config.php. I have added the
	line require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ???/../../../wp-load.php??™)

I was surprised to see you took the sample config and wrote over the one BBpress prepared for you during the initial setup phase. I suspect this is your problem. I would scratch the install and do it over again. This time, ignore the sample config file. Concentrate on updating the bb-config.php file BBpress creates for you during the initial setup process. P.S. Don't worry, the first time I setup BBpress, I had to do it twice too! It gets easier with practice! Good luck on the second install.