Sign in to follow this  
cirrusdesign

Media Image Titles

cirrusdesign

When I change the title of an image I have found the title lives in two places and in each place it can be different from the other even though there is only one image. Most of my images are added when I a create a post. If I go back later to change the title of the image through the media library, it does not seem to change the title that appears on the image in the post when the mouse rolls over the image. The new title only appears when you click on the picture and and a new screen with the picture and title only appear. To change the rollover title I then have to go into the post, click on the picture inside of the post and change the title in there as well. Is there a way to change both at the same time?

Rob

Cirrus, you refer to "the image title, do you mean the title or Alternate Text? You should be able to change the Alternate Text and then whenever you cursor over, it should display that, not the title.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina

You can upload images in the post editor and give them titles. That way, you don't have to edit the titles when you upload them to the Media Library. Does that make sense?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cirrusdesign

Catrina, I was using the post method of uploading pictures. I overlooked assigning titles as I did not realize the titles showed up anywhere. I thought only the caption showed. Rangelone, I did mean title. What has happened is that several photos were uploaded through the post method, without titles being added. Consequently default titles have been assigned from the original file names and these show up when I cursor over. I thought that I could quickly go into the media library and just systematically re-title each picture. After doing that, the new title shows up with the picture when I click on the picture, BUT the 'cursor over' is still showing the original file default file name that I don't want. So I now find, that I have to go back into each post and open the picture through the post editor to change the titles again. Why didn't the title change for the 'cursor over' when I changed it in the media gallery? In the future I am going to only change the titles via the post editor. Thank you both for your help.

catrina

You can change the "mouse over" text within panel that pops up when you're editing an uploaded image within the post editor. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in the Media Library upload window.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse