ctrout01

How to change font sizes.

ctrout01    0
ctrout01

I would like to reduce the font size and line spacing a bit in the main body text, but am not a web designer, so feeling safe around CSS/code is not my forte. Can you tell me where and how I change this? Font is Lato. URL is www.christiantrout.com. Thanks.

kastelic    6
kastelic

Paste into Custom Code -> Custom CSS: body{ font-size:12px !important; line-height:20px !important; }

kak8500    0
kak8500

How do you do this for the font in the feature sliders and the call out?

catrina    103
catrina

This is for the feature area excerpt:

#feature-area div.fexcerpt {font-size:12px !important;}
This is for the callout:
#callout-area div.callout_head {font-size:12px !important;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kak8500    0
kak8500

Thanks! I posted exactly as you sent it and the only thing that changed was the text in the feature slider (which I was okay with) and not the header. It didn't do anything to the callout.

catrina    103
catrina

For changing the feature area header:

#feature-area div.fheading h2.ftitle {font-size:12px !important;}
For changing the callout header:
#callout-area h2.callout_head {font-size:15px !important;}
For changing the callout text:
#callout-area div.callout_copy {font-size:12px !important;}

You need to change the number values to adjust the size (i.e. 12px to 15px or whatever you want).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

scotthuber    0
scotthuber
I tried to do this in the custom code area (in global settings) but it doesn't appear to work? In the CSS rules section, I pasted this code and hit save. body{ #feature-area div.fheading h2.ftitle {font-size:12px !important;} #callout-area h2.callout_head {font-size:15px !important;} #callout-area div.callout_copy {font-size:15px !important;}} The site is here... http://kandemedia.com/ Thanks...

scotthuber    0
scotthuber
Hi anyone... any answers? I don't believe I should start a new thread on this one, but I haven't heard anything. Thanks...

leemac    0
leemac
Scott, remove the Body { and the last } from your code. You are trying to stick #callout-area, etc, into the Body CSS... thats not how CSS works.

scotthuber    0
scotthuber
Agreed entirely, yet that's not the advice given above in this thread, and nor does it work. My current settings: http://screencast.com/t/HxPvucXxt3 My current progress (no change to callout): http://kandemedia.com/ Do I need to put this in custom css?

catrina    103
catrina
Yes, and you are putting it in the custom CSS box. Try this CSS instead: [code]p.callout_sub subhead {font-size: #px !important; line-height: #px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

joelightfoot    0
joelightfoot
Hi, how do I change the size of the headers in general for pages, posts, etc.?

scotthuber    0
scotthuber
None of the above worked for me so I: 1. got firebug for Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bmagokdooijbeehmkpknfglimnifench) 2. found the line of css and then used the pagelines customize plugin (http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/pagelines-customize/) 3. and added the following to the pagelines-customize/style.css, located here (yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/plugin-editor.php?file=pagelines-customize/style.css&a=te&scrollto=284): .callout_sub { font-size:1.6em; margin-bottom:0; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; } (1.6em was 1.1em). This worked.

cloudstem    0
cloudstem

None of these worked for me either my site is dyancomusa.net, please help!

James B    436
James B

Hi Cloudstem, if you could open a new topic for us and let us know exactly which parts you're trying to edit. This threads quiet old now :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B