Sign in to follow this  
kingdomengineer

Widget Title Format is being changed by a Max Banner Ad widget

kingdomengineer

I've installed a plugin by Max Banner Ads for the use of rotating banners. When I add a title within the widget it is changing the font/format of the title from the default within Platform Pro. There is a custom before/after placeholder for code within the widget... What is the best, simple to do as a child, way to correct this? My site is www.KingdomEngineers.com and you can see whats happening on the home page above the 300x250 ad at the bottom right widget location... Thank you for your prompt response!

bevj

the simple thing would be to uninstall max banner ads plugin, and find another.

kingdomengineer

What kind of answer is that??? What would be the code needed to put before and after the widget? Or, where can I find the settings in an editor for the widgets?

bevj

Holy Westboro batman, You asked for the simplest way to fix the formatting issue and, seeing that the plugin is overriding and changing platform pro, the simplest thing is to change the plugin to take it up with max banner ad guys. it is possible, http://screencast.com/t/OG5tqTOh0D, to get what you want, but hacking the plugin code or figuring out the proper CSS is going more complex, and might be too complex for a child to understand. If your not too busy, I suggest you figure out how to use firebug for firefox - it's a handy little tool. this CSS should get you close, for at least firefox, but who knows for the rest. #maxbannerads-6 h5 { border-bottom: 1px solid #000000!important; font-style: normal!important; font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans"!important; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: .1em!important; color: #AFAFAF!important; font-size: .9em!important; padding: 3px 8px 3px 0px; }

kingdomengineer

Now that's more like it... I'll see what I can/can't do with that. Thank you for your assistance! I really like how MaxBanner Ads work with rotation and the back office area. I've submitted a request with them as well... haven't heard back yet. What ad rotate plugin do you recommend? There are soo many out there. Was using Datafeedr until it stopped working, it wouldn't allow me to add any more content or hit the 'save changes' button. Nothing would happen. So do you recommend anything? Thx