Sign in to follow this  
havardtveitnatreno

Page themplates an users

havardtveitnatreno

I want to have the blog on another page than the first page. I can??™t find any template I can use for Blog. Pls help me with that. The only pagetemplates I can find is different kind of ???normal??? pages. How can I find the other templates, I guess it??™s contactsheme and more types. where do I find them? I also want to order the menupoints ???my way???, not alfabetic. How do I do that? How do I make it possible to add ???members???? I want to make this site available for about 1000-2000 people. I will do the control and accept them before they get their user-rights. I want to be able to select the pages they are allowed to see. All of them can see frontpage and some standard pages. Then I want to have Separate ???subsites??? for the different groups. password. Best Haavard, Norway.

cmunns

The default template is what controls the blog page. If you go to Settings > Reading you can change what shows up as the front page. For other page templates you will see those on the right hands side when you create a new page. To order the navigation the way you want you can use this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-page-order/ Adding members might be tricky. I know that you can make it so users must register, but I don't know if you can approve/unapprove without the help of a plug-in, but I don't know any off the top of my head. ** be careful with plug-ins as they can mess up other things on the site **

princeofwhales

i am also trying to remove the "posts" from the front page as you have it displayed on your site for the iblog layout. where you have the feature and then the 3 widgets under that. i cannot find any setting to set this up and under reading it demands that "something" be present. or do we need to edit the php code to do this?

princeofwhales

actually i figured out how to make the boxes with the feature set up, so not with the widgets. however while making a custom page called home to over write the default, how do i then kill the page formatting with the title that shows up as an empty box?

cmunns

I'm not sure what you're talking about, is it possible to attach a screenshot or link me to the page that has the pre-formatting?