Sign in to follow this  
raquel_p

SecondaryNav works only on the homepage

raquel_p

I drag and drop SecondaryNav to the header section on Template Setup. I Do not mark the checkbox "Hide ..." in Advanced Settings. In the "Header and Nav" menu, and "Posts Page Secondary Navigation" section, I set the menu that I want to SecondaryNav. What is wrong with my settings? I would like the Secondary Navigation appears on every page of the site.

kastelic

You may need to drag the secondary nav section into each Page template rather than the Header template.

raquel_p

Still does not work. And now came another SecondaryNav the homepage, just above the content. I just want two different menus in the header (in any page or post, not just in the home). I saw that in Pagelines Meta Settings, in General Page Setup, you can select a menu for each page. But I would like the selected menu (in Template Setup) appear by default on every page. Is it possible?

Jenny

Just to verify, in the wordpress menu settings (appearance -> menus) you have your main menu set in the "primary website navigation' dropdown box. Then on the PlatformPro settings, you have the other menu that you created (in the wordpress menu panel) selected? I have tried to get this to work on non-posts pages and I can't figure it out either. Another option, if you don't care if the menus are separate, is to put all of the items into one menu and then the single menu will just wrap to a second line when it's too big. You can also play with the CSS spacing if you want. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but hopefully it helps a little! :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

justinroffmarsh
Is there a fix for this please? I have the same problem.

justinroffmarsh
Catrina I haven't ... because I want to put the secondary menu in a totally different place on the page. If I understand correctly, Jenny's solution simply causes the primary menu to wrap to two lines. If you visit http://www.sandbox.salesprocessengineering.net/ you'll see the secondary menu at the top of the page. I just want this to appear on every page, site wide. Can this be done with Jenny's hack? Justin

Rob
Justin, I suspect you need to visit each page, scroll down to Pagelines Meta Settings and under the first tab (General Page Setup), select the secondary menu you saved in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. I think you need to do that for each page where you want the secondary menu to appear.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

justinroffmarsh
This appears to be a bug. If so, is it in a queue to be fixed?

Rob
I'll flag it to a developer.

justinroffmarsh
Thank you. Is it possible to see the status of bugs?

Rob
I don't think we publish those to my knowledge.