Sign in to follow this  
create180design

Multiple background options

create180design

How can I have a different background image for each page? I plan on tiling the image vertically and horizontally.

catrina

It's possible to have a different background image on each page by adding custom CSS code. Can you post a link to a page that needs a background image?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

For the website you sent me (which is the home page), this would be the CSS code you'd add to Custom Code > Custom CSS to add the custom background image to ONLY the home page:

body.home {background-image: url('http://BACKGROUNDURLHERE');}

Just replace BACKGROUNDURLHERE with the full image url for the background image you want. The selector (the body.home part of the code) is the part that changes depending on the page you want to customize.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

create180design

Thanks, but now I'm trying to add different image on the other pages and can't seem to figure it out. I've tried using the body.about for the about page and that did not work. I also tried using firebug and couldn't figure it out. Please advise.

catrina

When using Firebug, you need to look at this code:

The selector contained inside is what you want to use in the CSS. For example, the CSS for adding a custom background to the about page would look like this:

body.page-id-2 {background-image: url('http://BACKGROUNDURLHERE');}

The page ID number changes for each page (i.e. the Contact page ID is page-id-23)

Designer | Catrina Dulay