Sign in to follow this  
chebaro

Full width featured & nav area

chebaro

Anyone who knows how to adjust the width on featured and nav section? Check print: print-3.jpg Thanks friends!

kastelic

So you are wanting it to extend to the edges? How much wider do you want to make it? It will take some custom CSS.

chebaro

I want it full width. Is it possible to write in % so it will adjust after visitors screen settings? Thanks Kastelic!

makeylon

Do you want the entire site as full width? Even the content below? If so, then change your site to a full width format, then you should be able to change the feature to full width by % using some custom css, such as: #feature-footer {width: 100%;} #feature_slider{width:100%;} #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width: 100%;} #feature-footer {width: 100%;}

chebaro

Thanks for trying Makeylon, but it didnt work mate! And also, I only want featured slider and nav background to be full width as picture: print-3.jpg Take care! /CHebaro

catrina

What is your current layout mode? I don't think the feature slider can extend beyond the main content area's edges if the layout isn't in full-width mode.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

chebaro

Hi! I dont know if i understand what you mean by full-width mode. Do i change it on "layout editor"? Or in "Design control"/Site Design Mode? If you mean layout editor, im just able to make whole site 1212 px wide. Looking forward for your replys Thanks!

Kate

You can find the option under Settings->Design Control->Site Design Mode. There's a dropdown there...

chebaro

Hi Kate, Thank you for reply! So according to what i want to do, what shuld i select in the dropdown? Thanks again!

kastelic

Hmm, this sounds trickier than I first understood it. Catrina's right that the feature slider wont extend beyond the edges of the page. Even with the full-width mode, the page-canvas has a set width. So you would have to set the feature slider to position:absolute and width:100%.

chebaro

Hi Kastelic, How do I do that? And how do i make navigation like this to? Thanks, Take care

kastelic

In Custom Code -> Custom CSS you can put custom CSS for your site.

chebaro

Yes, that i know. What i mean is, What css code should i use? Im not good at css. Thanks mate!

catrina

The CSS should look something like this:

#feature-area, #feature-footer {position: absolute; width:100%;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse